EDCI 335

Post #3 – How to Adjust Learning Methods During Pandemic

Due to the influence of pandemic, many schools and companies cannot normally open their doors to students and workers. Our lives and studies will inevitably be affected. If we analyze it purely from the perspective of teachers and students, although everyone is now accustomed to the impact that pandemic brings to us, if we put it at the beginning of pandemic, many students will undoubtedly feel helpless and at a loss. Since I experienced this pandemic as a student, if I were to be a teacher, I think I would think more comprehensively.

The main problem is how to ensure the quality of learning at home. My video above pointed out 10 small tips that can help students plan their home study plans, but as a teacher, you need to consider them in more detail. For example, which method of teaching will be more convenient for students to learn, whether to use the recording method or the live method? In my opinion, both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages, so you can consider combining the two methods, such as the recording method for half of the class hours and the live method for half of the class hours. From the point of view of the recording method, because its time is more flexible, it is more convenient. For example, classmates who have time differences do not have to go to class day and night, or friends who need to work during the pandemic period do not need to be affected by class time. But on the other hand, it cannot guarantee whether the students watched the video carefully, or if the students have any questions while watching the video and cannot be fed back to the teacher in time, it will easily affect the learning efficiency. The live method in the other half of the class can solve this problem. Teachers can receive feedback and answer students’ questions in time during class. At the same time, consider adding group discussions and other activities in the live method class. On the one hand, it can help students communicate with each other in learning, and on the other hand, it can give everyone an atmosphere where they are not studying at home, thereby creating a feeling that everyone is studying together in the classroom. In general, teachers must be more considerate and ensure that students are not affected by pandemics.

« »