Hi Jerry,

Your example and video let me understand very clearly what a direct instruction is. If the cooperative learning I wrote is more biased towards cooperation and communication between students, then your direct instruction is more focused on the teacher’s educational approach. From the video you found and the summary of the four steps you wrote, I think direct instruction requires the teacher to have a high degree of observation of the students. Teachers need to know what methods can be used to make students’ learning more efficient and fully absorb the learning tasks assigned by the teacher. In my opinion, the teacher should make a reasonable plan for the teaching of the whole class during class time, and also have to formulate targeted personal plans for different students after class.

Hi Enze,

I chose the same topic as you, but I think what you write is more comprehensive than what I wrote. I can see from your blog that you have done a lot of research, and your ‘Group Five-Stage Development Model’ is an aspect that I have not paid attention to before, and I feel very agree with it. In my opinion, cooperative learning is a very useful way of education for any age or subject. Instructors do not simply give students a period of time, but use this time to allow them to exchange their ideas with each other, thereby making learning more efficient. I think this method is sometimes better than studying alone. For example, the form of group discussion can let students help each other.